Five things that made me smile/laugh/happy this week:
1. Yesterday when I checked the mail, it was all holiday cards.
2. First snowboarding day trip of the season last weekend. We did our favorite weekend routine: Pack the car the night before, roll out of bed at 5:30am, get on the road by 6. Get to the ski resort around 7:30, have coffee and breakfast, be at the lifts first thing when they open. Snowboard until we’re pooped, head home early afternoon, and beat the traffic. It was an excellent day of snowboarding–3 inches of snow the night before, and a light snowfall while we were out.… Read the rest
Five things that made me happy this week:
1. Snow, glorious snow. There’s nothing that will snap you into the holiday spirit faster than decorating the Christmas tree with a blanket of snow outside. The recent snowfall also means it’s quite possible I’ll be snowboarding this weekend!
2. Online shopping. Almost done with my gift list. Should I be worried that I have my credit card info memorized now?
3. Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas. I am totally hooked on this. His explanations combined with the photos make the projects really easy to follow. And I’m brimming with ideas I want to try now.… Read the rest
Watch this video and substitute the word “car” with “turkey”. This is what happened when my husband and I went to the grocery store Thanksgiving morning to pick up the fresh turkey we’d reserved the week before.
There is a happy ending to the story because they ended up giving us a free (frozen) turkey to make up for their mistake. Despite the turkey mishap, it was a very enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. Hope it was for everyone else too!… Read the rest
Join my mailing list:
Sign up for the latest news about my books, giveaways, and more fun stuff.